Friday, June 18, 2010

Slow Ride to Pulau Ubin



Yeah, yeah, I know. There are only four pics here. I was thinking nobody wants to see pictures of the usual 10-15 minutes bum boat ride to Pulau Ubin. Nobody wants to see the pictures of the eating places in Pulau Ubin as well.... and nahhh, nobody wants to see pictures of me getting in the boat, out of the boat too. Why? Because there's lot of those in the net already.

So here's a pic I took of a peaceful lagoon in Pulau Ubin ... you'd have to be quite adventurous to get here. There's barely a hint of a trail head where I started... I'd love to point out where the trail head is but I still haven't got my bearings right in that island.



I think almost everyone knows how to get here :-) You get here from Chek Jawa. Once you get to the point where people enter the wetlands and leave their rental bikes, take a left and go uphill... I see lots of tourists and newbies pushing their bikes here. Anyway, your reward is this breath taking view of the quarry below ... I wish I have a proper camera and not this Nokia E63.









This is what made the MTB ride slowwww ...
in the park connector that leads from ECP to Changi Village, there is this trail head. The trail inside is frequented by motocross riders. But on this particular day, I didn't see any of them. I rode up to the airport and then did a u-turn back to where I started. This place is HUGE... I think I haven't even seen 5% of this place. I hope the government takes their own sweet time before they build anything in this place. A note of caution though. I've seen dogs around. They didn't look friendly.





Another reason for the slow ride :-)
A nice, peaceful place. Makes you think your in a slowww fishing village instead of fast paced Singapore.









Next time ? Maybe a DragonBoat race! My friends went to PutraJaya in Malaysia to race as a preparation for the World Club Crew Championships to be held in Macau (watch out for that one too).

No comments:

Post a Comment