Monday, April 8, 2013

#266 - MTB XC Jamborees

Rochelle and me at Zheng Hwa Park last Sunday.
Pic taken by Cheryl of PPSg Girls
I haven't been blogging as much as I would like to and
there are two reasons for that ... three actually if you count
laziness.
 
Anyway, Reason #1 being that if you noticed last year,
Nusa Iskandar Jamboree was held on February. Followed
next by Kip Mart Jamboree and WACycles. This year I
did not hear of any Nusa Iskandar Jamboree or KIP Mart
Jamboree ... and WACycles Jamboree will only be on June.
So nothing to look forward to ... me and most of my friends
have neglected 'training'.
 
Reason #2 is related to Reason #1. Since there are no
jamborees, I went back to dragonboat paddling. So my
focus nowadays is training for dragonboat. Not so much
on mountain bikes.
 
Anyway, finally the jamborees have begun trickling
in. Yong Peng in mid-May. Plentong is end-May and
WACycles is end-June.
 
I don't think I will be ready for Yong Peng seeing my
endurance is back to zero now. Plentong ... now if you
go to their FB page/invite, I read some one said that we
should take note that this is not a jamboree. It is an EPIC
ride! Why does that make me nervous. I have heard/read
of numerous river crossings and bike portages on the past
versions of this Epic ride. I wonder if the organizers have
'tamed down' the route this ride will take or is it as tough
as ever?
 
Most probably, I will go to WaCycles Jamboree as it
is very near Singapore. So if you  have been slowly turning
into a potato ... it's already 2013! Go get your training
sorted and done. <== actually, I'm talking to myself ;-) 
 
 
No dates on this flyer but their FB page says
the Epic Ride is on 26th May 2013

Flyer for WaCycles Jamboree

Flyer for Yong Peng Jamboree
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Hello, good to see you back updating your blog. The last one on dragon boat was, well, "yawn yawn". Bring out your mountain bike from the closet and start riding.... Actually besides Yong Peng, Plentong and Wacycles, there are quite a number of jamborees not too far away. Between Yong Peng and Plentong there is one by Batu Pahat cops. And this Sunday there is one in Labis. Then first week of June there is a night ride in Pocong which I will skip cos I am not familiar with night riding. After that there are Simpang Renggam and Kota Iskandar rides. Too many, if you ask me. So see you on one of these jamborees ya??

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. The readers for my DB posts would most probably be just my teammates.

    Thanks for all the info. An oversight on my part, I just listed those jamborees I am interested in joining. I am aware of the Batu Pahat cops (but I feel it is a bit far) and the night ride in Pocong ($$$ for additional lights/spare batteries :-( ). The one in Labis I am not aware (too late already). I'm also not aware of the Simpang Renggam and the Kota Iskandar so need to search for them... and Yes, always nice to see fellow cyclists from SG on these jamborees :-)

    ReplyDelete