Monday, August 27, 2012

#256 - Sunday

 It all started with me craving for some Eggs Benedict ...
hmmm actually, no. It all started when I asked Tabs to
plot a route for our long ride. I had an idea how long that
long ride would be but I wasn't prepared for it.
 
I woke up with sore thighs and when I looked at the
clock ... great! It was already 8:30AM... and we were supposed
to meet at Sembawang Hawker Center by 8AM!
 
Nevermind, this just means it's time for a leisurely ride.
I ate a banana and filled my smallest backpack camelback
with tools/pump/spares instead of a bladderful of water
and I decided to do a city ride.
 
I haven't even crossed Victoria St when I heard rumbling
sounds coming from my stomach and so I decided to have
breakfast at McDonald's in Boat Quay ... BUT ! Problem : where
do I leave my bike. I was thinking about that when I was passing
by the Crossfit gym near Lavender MRT when I remembered
there is this very very out of the way cafe which rents out
bicycles! There would be lots of room to park my bike there
and I can order food and eat without my bicycle leaving my
sight! ... and to top it off, just from the looks of that cafe,
I can tell that they serve good Eggs Benedict!
 
So, I went there and as you can see from the picture
above, they do serve nice Eggs Benedict. The pictures below
also attest to the fact that you can indeed eat there with peace
of mind as you can see your parked bike plainly in view
at all times. The clientele often have small 'yippy' dogs with
them. Well, if they are not bringing small dogs then they are
most probably roadies or fixie riders. I am the only one who
was there on a full sus MTB.
 
Anyway! I saw one guy came in on a bamboo bike! Yup,
see picture below. ...and it turned out that bamboo bike guy
was there to meet a roadie guy ... and get this : they were
talking about starting to manufacture bamboo frames!
I think I better start investing in state of the art
eavesdropping equipment .
 
So! What do I think about the Eggs Benedict? Very nice!
BUT it was VERY EXPENSIVE! I ordered Eggs Benedict +
Iced Latte = 17.50$ !!! It definitely wasn't worth it.
But the place is cool and there supposedly is a French
Japanese Restaurant upstairs and also a Bouldering wall !
Next time I go there, I'm going to eat some place else
and just buy coffee there. Or! I am still asking NoLights
Louie if she'll buy me breakfast and in return I'll
bring her to that place :-)
 




Lots of cyclists going to MBS

All the stuff for the F1 race is springing up all over the civic/financial district


 
After loitering at the Civic District, I decided to do a u-turn
and go back home the way I came. I was cycling along the
Kallang PCN, under the Sheares Bridge when I saw a DragonBoat
doing their 250m race piece near Tanjong Rhu and I noticed
that the farther bank of the 'river' (the Tanjong Rhu side)
seems to have a PCN that leads all the way to Marina
Barrage ? ... Since I still have a bit of time, I cycled over
to that side and I was pleasantly surprised to find out
that you can indeed cycle from Tanjong Rhu to Marina
Barrage now! The only 'bad' thing is that at the end
of the PCN, there is this gate that leads to the Barrage
and there is a sign there saying that that gate is only
open from 7AM to 7PM.



View from the PCN

View from the Barrage

 
See pic above? That is a TLR22 2WD RC Buggy.
That is the reason why StairRider Deck became Sleepy
Deck and was not able to join the Weekend Trail Ride.
He didn't stop working on this thing until the buggy
could finally be driven around. He told he finally slept
at 5AM hehehehe just like old times.

 
:-) URGE Helmets. Do you remember how you felt
when you first laid eyes on a Fox Flux? Yes, that feeling!
This is the new 'Fox Flux' for me... and so I owe you guys
two reviews : 1 Kali helmet and 1 Urge helmet hehehehe :-)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment