Sunday, April 14, 2013

#268 - Back to the Trail

This was taken today (Sunday). I just put it here
because I don't have a 'cover' photo for this entry.
So, let's start biking again.
It is normal for Malaysia Jamborees to be 45km
in length. Bearing this in mind, I thought of starting easy
since I still have Dragon Boat practice in the afternoon
(hehehe) ... But the thing is there's nothing to inspire me
to go mountain biking. No new bike, no new crankset,
no new anything at all ... sigh.
 
Never mind, I have a new iPhone 5 and I just jumped
from Starhub to M1 .... and so let's test if M1 signal is better
than Starhub ;-)
 
Off I went to hunt for a cycling app in the Apple App Store.
There are the usual apps like BikeMate, MapMyRide, RunKeeper
... and then something caught my eye ! Cyclist Ultimate! That must
be some really powerful app, to call itself Ultimate. Anyway, I'm
not reviewing the app. Just wanted a little something to keep track
of my bike rides.
 
I started here. I'm looking back. I'm actually going to climb
RRR which is behind me. In this pic, left side is exit of Durian
Trail and right side is the RRR entrance to BT MTB Trail.
So off I went. I turned on the Cyclist app at the RRR
entrance to BT MTB Trail (see pic above). I climbed
RRR, went to Zheng Hwa Park, went to T15 via Chestnut
BUT instead of going to the PCN (which is on your
left hand side when biking towards Mandai), I turned right
to this grass patch which eventually makes a U-turn back
towards the direction of Chestnut Ave.
 
I came out of T15 via this exit that leads to Bukit Panjang.
... and then I bumped into Sugar Rush Rey with his wife in tow.
After a few minutes of chin wag, I went back to Zheng Hwa
Park and then up to RRR again and finally I turned off the
Cyclist app once I got near this wine shop at RRR (see pic below).
Phew ! 

Summary of the ride. That was just 15.5km ?!
I'm in trouble.
I then proceeded to see how I did ... and I was
disappointed. Not at the app. But with my route.
That was just 15.5km ?! I was exhausted! ... and
it was just 15.5km? Tsk tsk tsk and I want to go
for a 45km jamboree? Sigh, so again, I need to
train more or throw more money at the bike.
Hehehehe but since all I can afford for now is
just this free Cyclist app, most probably I will
take the training route and not the throwing
money at the bike route :-)

Map of the ride. Notice that I didn't get to Mandai.
I made a right turn near the entrance to the PCN in T15.
Notice something in the map above?
There was never a time when the GPS signal
got lost? M1 signal is great huh?


I finished here. I'm looking back again in this picture.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment